(COVID-19) Update after Prime Ministers Announcement – 23rd March
We are still open providing key services critical to keeping the transport network moving whilst also keeping vehicles legal, safe and road worthy.
- Maintain social distancing and extra care on arrival
- On arrival please notify staff then return to your vehicle
- Confirm works required
- Stay with your vehicle until the work commences
- Depending on work remain in vehicle or wait outside the depot
- Payment to be made via credit / debit card whilst still in your vehicle
- Collection and delivery service also available
- Staff have been instructed to wash their hands and wear fresh gloves before entering customer vehicles
We are confident that by adopting these measures we can maintain a safe environment whist keeping you legal and safe out on the roads
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency has confirmed that MOT tests are still going ahead amid the coronavirus lockdown.
MOT tests will still take place even though the government is trying to minimise social contact and coronavirus transmission risks.
In an email tonight, one official replied to a query: “I appreciate this is a difficult time for the whole country, at this moment in time there is no exemption or extension from MOT testing, and no contingency plan in place.
“If your vehicle MOT expires whilst you are in isolation, then you are only able to drive the vehicle directly to/from a pre-booked MOT test after midnight on the date of expiry of the current certificate. After that time the vehicle must not be kept on a public road until it is re-tested and taxed etc.”
BOOK YOUR MOT ONLINE https://bookings.savoyautocentres.co.uk/mot/
FREE MOTs FOR ANY NHS IN MARCH AND APRIL
Book now on 01482 796239 for all branches in Hull, Beverley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, & Howden.
(Valid photo NHS ID card must be presented to qualify)